Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This is not a mom blog...right?

I mean, I'm a mom and everything, and I write, and technically I'm starting a blog, so your mom-blog-warning radar - if you have such a thing - might be flashing. But there's a crucial difference between your general mommy blog and what I might write about: a point. Specifically, I don't have one yet. I'm just tired of wondering whether or not I should start a blog.

These days I stay home with my almost-nine-month old son and write the occasional freelance article, so I really don't have any excuse not to be working on something. But, I've also been sleeping mostly in two or three-hour increments since my beautiful, hungry and wakeful son was born. So instead of leaping into a huge, meaningful writing project that would demand energy and sharp cognitive abilities that have been sanded from my brain like so much feeble wood, I'll do this. By refusing to commit to any one theme or purpose, I can sort of experiment along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment